- How do we see the future of VC funds?
- Do we have hype in the trend of incubators and local startup funding?
- How can we find models that different kind of investors could better work together?
- What kind of companies will make big success stories in mobile business during the next 2 years?
Crowdfunding portals built on Crowd Valley infrastructure are able to access and communicate with members of any other crowdfunding portal or startup community that uses our technology. In this way, a local, industry-focused crowdfunding platform can be connected to a community startups coming out of a local university and angel investor networks with domain expertize in that industry, whilst at the same time a larger VC or corporate or government development fund is able to track progress within this community and make investments according to their preferred criteria.
This is just one example of how these new online funding models can stimulate growth and transparency in historically opaque financial systems by bringing communities together. We look forward to continuing the discussion in Barcelona.
Crowd Valley will be represented at this event by Jouko Ahvenainen, Chairman of the Grow VC Group. Other speakers include:
- Ajit Jaokar , Chairman – Founder, Futuretext and Feynlabs, Author
- Krishna Visvanathan – Partner, DFJ Esprit
- Kevin McManus – Head of Creative and Digital at Liverpool Vision and Director of ACME, Liverpool Region Development Agency
- Gary Stewart – Executive director of Wayra Spain
- Rahim Adatia – Director, Mobile and Presentation Platform at PayPal
- Artturi Tarjanne – Partner, Nexit Ventures
- Pekka Sivonen – Head of AppCampus
- Lionel Slusny – Founder, Loft Finance and Board Member, European Crowdfunding Network
More information is available at http://www.mobileworldcongress.com/mobilemonday/ and http://www.growvcgroup.com/index.php/blog/.
Photo credit to: Pierre Metivier. http://bit.ly/1jESu89
Paul is a regular speaker on new financial models and crowdfunding and has been involved in working with Crowd Valley’s pioneering customers across the financial services sector, as well as advising global institutions such as the World Bank and national regulators such as Italy’s CONSOB.
Paul has over a decade’s experience working in various operational, sales, marketing, and product roles within technology companies, including two B2B startups that have achieved eight-figure exits following 100% year-on-year growth. He started his career in product development and testing roles at IBM’s Hursley Research Lab in the UK before going on to eBay, UBS, and Barclays.
Paul holds an M.A. (Hons) in Computer Science and Philosophy from Churchill College, Cambridge University. He has lived and worked in Texas in the US and Portugal, and speaks fluent Portuguese and French.