A scheduled platform update has been completed on Crowd Valley Version 2 platforms. For a full list of updates, new and integrated features and bug fixes, please see the release notes in the post below (click "Read More").
In this release all private testing domains of the format http://platform.crowdvalley.com/your-network were moved to the format http://your-network.platform.crowdvalley.com.
- Support for public iframes showing the platform's published companies on front-end marketing sites
- Updates to the View Investors page to show each investor's individual access level to each deal
- Support for third-party SSL certificates for whitelabel domains
- Integration with GBGroup's (www.gbgplc.com) automated online KYC and ID verification checks
- Support for displaying currencies using symbols as well as three-letter acronyms, for instance '$' instead of 'USD'
- Added more interactivity to the filtering and search boxes on Search pages, so that investors can now hide filtering options to see more project profile summaries.
- Added a page to allow investors to resend the email verification request in case they had not yet verified their email address
- Usability improvements to the navigation bar in several configurations
- Investors' requests for more information are now sent to all issuers associated with a deal as well as to the platform's admin team
- In Rewards configurations issuers can now add images to represent each reward
- Support for HTML content on 'detailed description' sections of a campaign profile page on more configurations
- Issuers now have edit privileges for their own company when they are added to that company's profile by a network admin user
Bug Fixes on Version 2 Platforms
- Added a user notice to inform users when they had not yet verified their email address
- Usability improvements on the user's 'edit profile' form
- Fixed dead links on the campaign search page used in one configuration
- Fixed bug with the default currency (USD) showing up on some deal pages instead of the platform's correct currency
- Fixes to color switcher to allow updates to all remaining sections that were set to use the default
- Several layout and text fixes on various configurations.
You can now send an email directly to email@example.com to create support ticket if you notice any issues with your live Crowd Valley site. You will then be able to track the progress of your request online using our support desk at http://crowdvalley.freshdesk.com/helpdesk